By Texans, for Texans. 🇺🇸 COME AND TAKE IT 🇺🇸
Updated Sunday, November 17, 2019, 1:33 PM CT
Houston at Baltimore
When: 1:00 PM ET, Sunday, November 17, 2019
Where: M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, Maryland
TV: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts, Evan Washburn (field reporter)
SIRIUS: 134 (Hou), 82 (Bal) | XM: 384 (Hou), 227 (Bal)
Referee: Alex Kemp
LINE: Ravens -4. O/U: 51.5
Lamar Jackson is making history and leading the Baltimore Ravens near the top of the AFC. Jackson and the Ravens will try to pull off their sixth straight win when they host the AFC South-leading Houston Texans on Sunday.
Jackson became the second player in NFL history (Ben Roethlisberger, 2007) to post a perfect passer rating of 158.3 when he completed 15-of-17 passes for 223 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions and added seven carries, 67 rushing yards and a score on the ground in a 49-13 shellacking of the Cincinnati Bengals last week. "He's one of the most exciting players I've ever seen," Bengals coach Zac Taylor told reporters of Jackson, who owns 2,036 yards and 15 touchdowns passing and 702 yards and five scores on the ground. "(He's) dynamic. I'm interested to see what teams do down the road here to stop him, because he certainly is hitting on all cylinders right now." The Texans are coming off a bye as they prepare for a three-game stretch against the Ravens, Indianapolis Colts and New England Patriots. "I'd love to give you all my thoughts on all the games, but I'll be honest with you, I've been basically immersed in watching the Ravens," Houston coach Bill O'Brien told reporters. "You've watched the Ravens. Have you watched the Ravens on film? There's a lot to watch, so I haven't even thought about those other games."
ABOUT THE TEXANS (6-3): Houston has its own MVP candidate at quarterback in Deshaun Watson, who is completing 70.2 percent of his passes with 18 touchdowns and five interceptions. Watson posted a perfect passer rating in a 53-32 win over Atlanta on Oct. 6 and joins Jackson as the only quarterbacks with at least 15 passing TDs, five rushing TDs and a passer rating over 100 (107.1). Watson has weapons on the outside in wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, who leads the team with 68 catches for 665 yards and four touchdowns, and Will Fuller V (34 receptions, 450 yards, three TDs), who is back at practice and could play Sunday for the first time since suffering a hamstring injury in Week 7.
ABOUT THE RAVENS (7-2): Houston will have to figure out a way to stop Baltimore's "Heisman" package, which debuted last week against the Bengals and features three former Heisman Trophy winners - Jackson, quarterback Robert Griffin III and running back Mark Ingram - in the backfield together. "All of us are pretty dangerous with the ball in our hands," Griffin, who finished off the "Heisman" play with a nine-yard run last week, told reporters. "It worked out, and that's what I was most excited about. Who knows how we'll build on this?" The high-scoring offense has the Ravens one game behind New England (8-1) for the top spot in the AFC and Baltimore owns the head-to-head tiebreaker after taking down the Patriots 37-20 in Week 9.
1. Baltimore signed DTs Domata Peko and Justin Ellis on Tuesday.
2. The Texans claimed CB Vernon Hargeaves on Wednesday after his was waived by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
3. Ravens WRs Marquise Brown (ankle) and Chris Moore (thumb) are practicing on a limited basis and are questionable.
• QB DESHAUN WATSON completed 22 of 28 passes (78.6 pct.) for 201 yards with 2 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 120.4 rating in Week 9 & became 3rd QB with 2+ TDs & 75+ comp. pct. in an international game. Aims for 3rd in row with 115+ rating. Has 4 TDs vs. INT with 102.7 rating in his past 2 vs. AFC North.
• RB CARLOS HYDE had season-high 160 rush yards in Week 9 & became 2nd player with 150+ rush yards in an international game. Had 77 scrimmage yards (63 rush, 14 rec.) in his last game vs. Bal. (10/7/18 with Cle.). RB DUKE JOHNSON set season highs in catches (5) & rec. yards (68) & had rush TD in Week 9. Aims for 3rd in row with TD.
• WR DEANDRE HOPKINS had team-high 8 catches for 48 yards & TD in Week 9. Aims for 5th in row with 8+ catches. Had 7 catches for 125 yards in last meeting. Has TD catch in 2 of past 4 vs. AFC North. WR KENNY STILLS aims for his 4th in row on road with 4+ catches & 50+ rec. yards. TE DARREN FELLS has 3 TD catches in his past 2. Has rec. TD in 2 of his past 3 vs. AFC North.
• LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM had 7 tackles & FR in Week 9. Aims for 4th in row with 7+ tackles. Has 5 PD & INT-TD in his past 2 vs. AFC North. LB BRENNAN SCARLETT had 2 sacks & 2nd FF of season in Week 9. CB GAREON CONLEY led team with career-high 8 tackles in Week 9. Has 5 PD in his past 2. Had 2 PD in his last game vs. Bal. (11/25/18 with Oak.). S JUSTIN REID had 1st INT of season in Week 9.
• QB LAMAR JACKSON completed 15 of 17 passes (season-high 88.2 pct.) for 223 yards with 3 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 158.3 rating & rushed for 65 yards, incl. career-long 47-yard TD run, last week. Became 2nd QB with 158.3 passer rating in 2+ games within single season in NFL history (BEN ROETHLISBERGER in 2007). Aims for 3rd in row with 70+ comp. pct. & 105+ rating. Aims for 3rd in row at home with rush TD.
• RB MARK INGRAM had 8th rush TD of season last week, tied-most in AFC. Had 97 scrimmage yards (52 rush, 45 rec.) in his last game vs. Hou. (11/29/15 with NO). Aims for his 5th in row vs. AFC South with 95+ scrimmage yards.
• WR MARQUISE BROWN (rookie) had 4 catches for team- high 80 yards & TD catch last week. Has rec. TD in 2 of past 3. Leads AFC rookies in rec. yards (454) & ranks 2nd with 4 rec. TDs. TE MARK ANDREWS had 6 catches for 53 yards & career-high 2 TDs in Week 10. Ranks 2nd among AFC TEs with 5 rec. TDs & 3rd in catches (44) & rec. yards (523). TE NICK BOYLE had 4 catches for career-high 78 yards last week.
• CB MARCUS PETERS had 6 tackles & 89-yard INT-TD last week. Has 6 career INT-TDs, tied 2nd-most in 1st 5 seasons in NFL history. Aims for 5th in row with PD. Has INT in 3 of past 4. Has 7 PD & 3 INTs in 3 career games vs. Hou. S EARL THOMAS had 1st FR of season last week. Had 78-yard INT-TD in his last game vs. Hou. (10/29/17 with Sea.). Aims for his 3rd in row vs. Hou. with INT.
Ran DeBord - All Access Sporting News
Some content sourced and verified from: AASNSports; HoustonTexans; NFLCommunications; Gracenotes
Travel and Adventure
College Football News
More NFL news
More Travel and Adventure News
More Health News
More College Football News
More Golf News
Sports, Adventure, Health, Fitness, Travel, and even more Sports, right here! Follow us @AASNSports on all social media platforms. You'll always find something interesting to talk about every time you visit!
All Access Sporting News is not a gambling site. All information provided by this website is for news and entertainment purposes only.
We are always looking for new products to review for our readers. Got something you want us to take a look at? Contact us!