Super Bowl MVP - All Access Sporting News
ALLACCESSSPORTINGNEWS

Updated April 1,  4:15 PM  CT

Member


superbowlmvpheader

How is the Super Bowl MVP selected?

The Super Bowl MVP award is chosen by a panel of 16 comprised of members of the Pro Football Writers Association of America, selected members of the electronic broadcast media, and by fans interactively through the National Football League’s official website, NFL.com. 

The media panel's ballots count for 80 percent of the vote, while the viewers' ballots make up the other 20 percent.

Tom Brady is the only player to win four Super Bowl MVP awards; Joe Montana won three and three others—Starr, Terry Bradshaw, and Eli Manning—have won the twice.

Starr and Bradshaw are the only ones to have won it in back-to-back years. 

The MVP has come from the winning team every year except 1971, when Dallas Cowboys linebacker Chuck Howley won the award despite the Cowboys' loss in Super Bowl V to the Baltimore Colts.

'The Beautiful' Harvey Martin and 'the Manster' Randy White were named co-MVPs of Super Bowl XII, the only time co-MVPs have won.

 Including the Super Bowl XII co-MVPs, seven Cowboys players have won Super Bowl MVP awards, the most of any NFL team. 

The Patriots' Julian Edelman won the award most recently.

Ran DeBord ~ All Access Sporting News

Sources for this article include: NFL, AASNSports


more for you

Where Texans look for Sports, Adventure, Health, Fitness, Travel, and even more, right here!  Follow us @AASNSports on all social media platforms. 

We are an independent news source and not affiliated with any professional sports teams. All information provided by this website is for news and informational purposes only. All Access Sporting News is not a gambling site. 



Powered by SmugMug Owner Log In