By Texans, for Texans. 🇺🇸 COME AND TAKE IT 🇺🇸
Updated Thursday, November 21, 4:39 PM CT
Indianapolis at Houston
When: Thursday, November 21, 2019
Where: NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas
TV: FOX/NFLN/Amazon (8:20 PM ET): Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews (field reporter), Kristina Pink (field reporter)
RADIO: Westwood One: Tom McCarthy, Tony Boselli
SIRIUS: 81 (Ind), 83 (Hou) | XM: 225 (Ind), 226 (Hou)
LINE: Texans -3.5. O/U: 45.5
First place in the AFC South will be on the line when the Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans square off for the second time in six weeks. The Colts snapped a two-game skid with a lopsided 33-13 victory over Jacksonville on Sunday and will be seeking their sixth win in the last seven meetings when they visit the Texans on Thursday night.
Indianapolis rebounded from a stunning home loss to lowly Miami by rolling up a season-high point total while limiting an opponent to 16 points or fewer for the third time in four weeks. "Our defense right now is legit," Colts coach Frank Reich said. "In my mind, I think it's playing like one of the best in the league." Houston's defense could not slow Indy's passing game in a 30-23 setback in Week 7 and was carved up by Lamar Jackson and Co. in last week's 41-7 shellacking at Baltimore that halted a two-game winning streak. "It's definitely good that we've got that quick turnaround," Texans linebacker Zach Cunningham said. "You really have no choice but to look on to the next game."
Earlier this season, Houston wide receiver DEANDRE HOPKINS became the third-youngest player to reach 8,000 career receiving yards in NFL history. Hopkins, who is in his seventh NFL season, has had at least 800 receiving yards in each of his first six seasons.
With 55 receiving yards against Indianapolis on Thursday Night Football (8:20 PM ET, FOX/NFLN/Amazon), Hopkins would tie for the third-most consecutive seasons with at least 800 receiving yards to begin a career in NFL history.
ABOUT THE COLTS (6-4): Leading rusher Marlon Mack went over 100 yards before fracturing his hand but Jonathan Williams, who had one yard on the season, stepped in and gained 116 on 13 carries as Indianapolis churned out 264 yards on the ground -- its highest total since 2004. Jacoby Brissett, playing with a knee injury that forced him to sit out the previous game, threw for only 148 yards and a score last week but tossed a season-high four touchdown passes and had 326 yards passing in last month's matchup. Wideout T.Y. Hilton, who has torched the Texans throughout his career, is hopeful of returning after sitting out three games due to a calf strain.
ABOUT THE TEXANS (6-4): Deshaun Watson threw for five touchdowns and zero interceptions in back-to-back wins over Jacksonville and Oakland but he had a dismal effort in Baltimore, absorbing a season high-tying six sacks, committing a pair of turnovers and throwing for only 169 yards. DeAndre Hopkins, second in the NFL with 75 receptions, has at least seven catches in his last six games and reeled in nine for 106 yards and a touchdown in the first matchup. Running back Carlos Hyde has been a solid addition to the backfield with 769 yards and four touchdowns, although he was limited to 35 yards in Indianapolis, while Houston's defense allows 272.4 yards passing.
1. Watson has eight touchdowns and zero picks in his last two home games.
2. Colts WR Zach Pascal had season highs with six catches, 106 yards and two TDs in last month's meeting.
3. Hopkins has 34 catches for 434 yards and four touchdowns in his last five games versus Indianapolis.
• QB JACOBY BRISSETT passed for 326 yards & 4 TDs vs. 0 INTs for career-high 126.7 rating in Week 7 meeting. Has 95+ rating in 2 of his past 3 vs. division. Is 4-0 with 8 TDs (7 pass, 1 rush) vs. 0 INTs for 107.2 rating in 4 starts vs. Hou.
• RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS had career-high 147 scrimmage yards (116 rush, 31 rec.), his 1st career game with 100+ rush yards last week.
• WR T.Y. HILTON had 74 rec. yards & TD catch in Week 7 meeting. Has 933 rec. yards (133.3 per game) & 7 TD catches in 7 career games at Hou. Aims for his 3rd in row at Hou. with 175+ rec. yards. WR ZACH PASCAL had 106 rec. yards & 2 TD catches in Week 7 meeting. Aims for his 4th in row vs. Hou. with TD catch. TE ERIC EBRON had 70 rec. yards & TD catch in last meeting. Aims for his 5th in row vs. Hou with TD catch (incl. postseason). WR MARCUS JOHNSON had rec. TD last week, his 2nd career TD. Has TD catch in 2 of his past 3.
• LB DARIUS LEONARD had 10 tackles & INT in Week 7 meeting. Aims for his 4th in row vs. Hou. with 10+ tackles. DE JUSTIN HOUSTON had sack in Week 11. Aims for his 7th in row with sack. CB KENNY MOORE had team-high 9 tackles, sack & PD last week. Had sack, 2 PD & INT vs. Hou. in AFC-WC on 1/5/19. Aims for his 3rd in row vs. Hou. with sack (incl. postseason). Rookie CB ROCK YA-SIN had 6 tackles, TFL & 1st-career INT last week. Rookie CB MARVELL TELL had career highs in tackles (5) & PD (3) in Week 11. Aims for his 4th in row with PD.
• QB DESHAUN WATSON has 19 TDs (16 pass, 3 rush) vs. 2 INTs for 121 rating in 6 career primetime games. Has 95+ rating in 2 of 3 career games vs. Ind. Aims for his 3rd in row at home with 3+ TD passes & 115+ rating.
• RB CARLOS HYDE had 65 rush yards & rush TD last week. Has 90+ scrimmage yards in 2 of his past 3 vs. division. RB DUKE JOHNSON had 56 scrimmage yards (34 rush, 22 rec.) in Week 7 meeting. Since 2015, is 1 of 2 RBs (JAMES WHITE) with 250+ catches (259) & 10+ rec. TDs (10)
• WR DEANDRE HOPKINS had 7 catches for 80 rec. yards last week. Became 2nd-youngest player to reach 600 catches in NFL history. Had 9 catches for 106 rec. yards & TD catch in Week 7 meeting. Has 397 rec. yards (99.3 per game) & 4 TD catches in his past 4 vs. Ind. Aims for his 5th in row vs. Ind. with TD catch. WR KENNY STILLS had 105 rec. yards in Week 7 meeting. TE DARREN FELLS ties for league lead among TEs with 6 TD catches in 2019. Aims for his 3rd in row at home with 2+ rec TDs.
• LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM had team-high 10 tackles last week, his 9th career game with 10+ tackles. LB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY had 8 tackles & TFL in Week 11. Had 2 TFL in Week 7 meeting. LB BRENNAN SCARLETT had 7 tackles & sack last week. Aims for his 3rd in row with sack. S JUSTIN REID has 8+ tackles in 2 of his past 3 at home. NT BRANDON DUNN had INT vs. Ind. in AFC-WC on 1/5/19.
Ran DeBord - All Access Sporting News
Some content sourced and verified from: AASNSports; NFLCommunications; NFL/TNF; FieldLevelMedia;Gracenotes; FoxSports
NFL Network and FOX 2019 Thursday Night Football schedule.
Week 12: Thursday, November 21 at 8:20 PM ET (FOX/NFL Network/Amazon Prime Video)*
Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
Week 14: Thursday, December 5 at 8:20 PM ET (FOX/NFL Network/Amazon Prime Video)*
Dallas Cowboys at Chicago Bears
Thursday, December 12 at 8:20 PM ET (FOX/NFL Network/Amazon Prime Video)*
New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens
Week 16: Saturday, December 21 (NFL Network)
Three Games at 1:00, 4:30 & 8:15 PM ET
Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders at Los Angeles Chargers
Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots
Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers
Houston Texans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
*NFL Network, Amazon Prime Video and Twitch simulcast subject to change.
Travel and Adventure
College Football News
More NFL news
More Travel and Adventure News
More Health News
More College Football News
More Golf News
Sports, Adventure, Health, Fitness, Travel, and even more Sports, right here! Follow us @AASNSports on all social media platforms. You'll always find something interesting to talk about every time you visit!
All Access Sporting News is not a gambling site. All information provided by this website is for news and entertainment purposes only.
We are always looking for new products to review for our readers. Got something you want us to take a look at? Contact us!